Welcome to “MIT Club APP” (hereinafter referred to as “this APP”). In order to ensure your peace of mind while using the various services and information provided by this APP, we hereby explain the privacy protection policy of this APP to safeguard your rights and interests. Please read the following contents carefully:
1) Scope of Privacy Protection Policy
The content of the privacy protection policy includes how this APP handles personal identifiable information collected when you use the APP services. The privacy protection policy does not apply to related linked APPs outside of this APP, nor does it apply to personnel not commissioned or involved in the management of this APP.
2) Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Data
When you use the functional services provided by this APP, we will collect necessary personal information based on the nature of the service and process and use your personal information within the scope of the specific purpose. Without your written consent, this APP will not use personal information for other purposes.
When you use interactive functions such as service mailboxes and surveys, we will retain the information you provide, including your name, email address, contact information, and usage time.
During general browsing, the server will automatically record relevant paths, including the IP address of the connecting device, usage time, browser used, browsing, and click data records, which serve as a reference basis for improving APP services. This record is for internal use and will never be disclosed externally.
To provide accurate services, we may statistically analyze the content of collected survey data, present statistical data or explanatory text from the analysis results. Aside from internal research, we may publish statistical data and explanatory text as needed, but it will not involve specific individual information.
3) Data Protection
The APP’s servers are equipped with information security equipment such as firewalls and antivirus systems, and necessary security measures are taken to protect the APP and your personal information. Strict protection measures are employed, and only authorized personnel can access your personal information. The relevant processing personnel have all signed confidentiality agreements. Violators of confidentiality obligations will be subject to relevant legal penalties.
If it is necessary to entrust other units to provide services due to business needs, this APP will also strictly require them to abide by confidentiality obligations and take necessary inspection procedures to ensure compliance.
4) Policy on Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
This APP will never provide, exchange, rent, or sell any of your personal information to other individuals, groups, private enterprises, or government agencies. However, this is not limited to cases where there is a legal basis or contractual obligation.
The above situation includes but is not limited to:
- With your written consent.
- As required by law.
- To avoid danger to your life, body, freedom, or property.
- Cooperating with government agencies or academic research institutions based on public interest for statistics or academic research, and the data has been processed or collected in a way that makes it impossible to identify specific individuals.
- When your actions on the APP violate the terms of service or may harm or obstruct the rights of the APP and other users, or cause harm to any individual, the disclosure of your personal information by the APP management unit is necessary for identification, contact, or legal action.
- In your interest.
- When this APP commissions vendors to assist in collecting, processing, or using your personal information, it will supervise and manage the outsourced vendors or individuals.
In order to provide you with the best service, this APP will place and access our cookies on your computer. If you do not wish to accept the writing of cookies, you can set the privacy level to high in the browser function options you use, which will reject the writing of cookies, but may cause certain functions of the APP to not operate properly.
6) Amendment of Privacy Protection Policy
The privacy protection policy of this APP will be revised at any time in response to demands. The revised terms will be published on the APP.